Update 14th of March
We understand the reasons behind the London Marathons decision to cancel on the same date as us. As an international event drawing mass crowds and runners from many regions this is a sensible decision.
As a regional race and until any changes are made from Public Health England
We still have the date (26th of April) to go ahead at this present moment in time but this is awaiting Government advice. Please read below.
- We are not extending past our 10,000 entry limit.
- Prices will not be increasing.
- Spectator areas will be removed and limited for viewing of the runners following advice.
- All volunteers will be assigned gloves 🧤 and water cartons will have to be opened by runners themselves.
- Any runners who feel unwell or do not wish to run can defer for free to 2021 or the Winchester Half Marathon in September.
- We are also currently looking into the option of virtual runs so runners can do the distance solo and receive their medal 🏅 and tee.
We intend to have a fun, safe race and appreciate many of you have put in hours of training to get to this point.
This is a fluid situation, if the Government imposes a shut down over the actual event weekend we will have to postpone. The provisional proposed date would be Sun 21st June BUT ONLY If Public Health England or the Government impose a ban for the event weekend itself.
Please watch this space for more details.