On the Day
So it's Race Day!
Nerves and excitement should be here by now, so here is a handy list of things to remember to pack the night before!
Race start times
- Marathon and Half Marathon - 0900
- 10km - 1000
- Mile Fun Run- 1600
- Set your alarm nice and early!
- Race number and 4 safety pins from your Race Day Pack
- Trainers, shorts, tee and jumper/rain jacket depending on the weather
- Change for car parking and plan your route. Where are your car keys?
- Plan for at least 30 minutes of delays if driving, check buses and trains as there will be disruptions
- Aim to be at bag drop 1 and a half hours to 2 hours before to allow yourself time to get prepared.
On the day!
- Shower, clean your teeth and deodorant on, please!
- Breakfast - how about a banana, porridge with a little drop of honey or peanut butter on toast?
- Tweet us @ABPMarathon to let us know you are on your way!
- Leave nice and early and remember where you parked!
- Drop off all your baggage in the Southampton Guildhall with your baggage label which has your race number on it.
- Go to one of the 100 loos before the race
- Line up near the start line 15 minutes before the start of your race for the warm up!
- Line up in your allocated Time Area from 08:40
- Sub 1:30
- 1:30 - 1:45
- 1:45 - 2:00
- 2:00 +
- Then Race and enjoy all that Southampton has to offer!
- Once finished, you will be directed to our finish distribution area to pick up your FREE micromesh tee-shirt, bananas, water, and lots more goodies!
Check out the 2019 route!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER TO BE THE FIRST TO SEE NEW ROUTES. CLICK HERE
Please see below our parking map, which includes a list of all the car parks that will be available on the day and their locations. To see the map in full please click here.
How's training going? Get tips, motivation and share with friends online on Facebook and Twitter.
Got a question?
Check out FAQ's for lots of answers from the Race Directors